Implementing and Using a Methodology
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
A 2-day workshop for organizations working to put an IT methodology in place. This workshop provides an understanding of the many aspects of methodologies, their implementation and use. The material covers everything from selecting or creating a methodology to the necessary infrastructure and deployment strategies. It also covers the issues involved in using the methodology in practice and how to get the most leverage and return on investment from it.
The workshop does not deal with any proprietary methodologies or tools, but the knowledge gained will greatly enhance your ability to select and apply these.
Who Should Attend
IT management, project managers, quality management staff, project office staff, methodology users (development staff), methodologists, and project support staff.
- Identify the principle aspects of an IT methodology.
- Describe how a methodology is created.
- Create your own methodology components.
- Guide others in the creation and implementation of methodologies.
- Create an effective infrastructure to support a methodology.
- Generate consensus and support for a methodology.
- Get buy-in from your organization for the methodology.
- Avoid the tool-driven mentality from IT staff.
- Avoid overwhelming the staff.
- Maintain development agility and eliminate unnecessary paperwork.
- Lead the organization through the changes necessary to establish a methodology.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.