Agile Projects in Practice
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Use the Agile Methodology to rethink your approach to software projects.
Agile projects are causing quite a stir. People are often confused about the goals and practices of the Agile approaches. Is it something completely new? Is it repackaging the old principles? Is it something radical? Well! Perhaps yes to all three. Can it work in our culture? Yes, it can work in almost any culture. Agile by definition has some flexibility and — although it may upset the purists — can be adjusted to fit into most tolerance levels.
The most important issue is to fully understand how to apply the principles and then you are free to adjust with a clear conscience, knowing that you have achieved the best use for your environment.
This 2-day workshop takes you through the main project activities and shows how to apply Agile principles to each. It presents the Agile methodologies such as eXtreme Programming and shows how they may be incorporated into the project. Remember, Agile does not mean abandoning all discipline and control; it means knowing and applying what is "just enough" to get the job done at maximum productivity.
Who Should Attend
Agile methodologies and eXtreme Programming work best when all stakeholders have some level of understanding of the principles and practices. Project managers, developers and project team members are obvious candidates, but everyone from customers to programmers can benefit from this material. This workshop is for project managers, developers, programmers, testers, system architects, sponsors, program managers and customers.
- Identify the reasons that "Agile approaches" and "eXtreme Programming" are causing so much excitement.
- Be able to present the values and benefits of an Agile approach to other stakeholders.
- Be able to show the customer the importance of involvement in an Agile project.
- Manage or participate in an Agile team.
- Convert from traditional to Agile practices without losing confidence or control.
- Perform all the necessary project management and product development activities in an Agile environment.
- Practice eXtreme programming as a programmer or team leader.
- Facilitate the Agile interactive processes.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043