Communication Skills for Technical Professionals
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
For years, strong technical skills were all that you needed to be successful, but today, being technically competent is not enough. Successful systems people must communicate their ideas, wants and needs, and listen carefully to those of others. Systems professionals need to communicate because the volume of information continues to grow. You need to understand more. You need to explain more.
Whether you usually communicate orally or in writing, this workshop will help you improve your skills. Speak clearly in one-on-one, small group and presentation situations. Listen more attentively to your co-workers. Put power into your written communications. Attending this 3-day workshop will improve your communication skills, making you more valuable and promotable.
Who Should Attend
Systems, MIS and operations managers, team leaders, project managers, consultants, help center managers and staff, systems analysts, database administrators, and programmers. Anyone who works with technical information or technical professionals such as technical trainers, technical writers, technical sales managers, and product managers.
- Gain self-confidence by mastering the steps proven to increase effective communication.
- Uncover your personal communication style and how it affects all your communications.
- Discover problem solving and conflict resolution techniques that really work.
- Turn communication stumbling blocks into stepping stones of career success.
- Minimize time spent on technical support by communicating technical information in non-technical terms.
- Choose words and non-verbal clues that sell your systems ideas to upper management.
- Diagnose sources of communication problems and develop improvement strategies.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043