Ruby on Rails and Web Application Development
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3-day workshop builds on the attendee's basic knowledge of the Ruby language (see Programming with Ruby) in learning how to combine Ruby with SQL databases like MySQL to simplify web site development dramatically. Ruby on Rails (ROR) does all the normal backend plumbing needed to develop a web site using a backend SQL database. In class, attendees will receive CD's with complete ROR development environments that they can use. This development environment includes everything needed to learn, to use – and if desired – deploy an ROR application: ROR, web server, and SQL database. This development environment can be taken with the attendee upon successful completion of the workshop to further their use of this exciting web development solution.
This workshop will provide extensive programming examples and exercises to assist the attendee with the understanding of ROR programming concepts. The attendees will also complete an in-class project that will further expand ROR development knowledge and skills.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be very beneficial to all those involved in designing, developing, and deploying web-based applications: web designers, web developers, and programmers, web application design engineers, and those that manage such personnel or projects.
- Understand how the Ruby on Rails framework works to simplify web development.
- Learn the basics of the MVC (model-view-controller) application partitioning environment.
- Experience how to install and use a normal Ruby on Rails development solution.
- Understand the controller component function as the intelligent router for Rails applications.
- Learn how to use Rails conventions to speed up application development, simplify maintenance.
- Use templates and views to control how the data is presented to the user.
- Develop data models to interface with the backend database systems to provide page data.
- Using a comprehensive in-class project, develop an online shopping web site using Rails.
- Learn how to test and deploy a Rails application to either an Internet or Intranet web host.
- Learn how to use the Rails Builder to automate creation of application components.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043