Windows Communication Foundation
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3-day workshop provides the knowledge and skills required by .NET developers for building the next generation of distributed applications by using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). WCF was designed to expose the current multitude of Windows remoting APIs (web services, MSMQ, TCP, peer-to-peer, etc) from a single unified toolkit. With WCF, you can build secure, reliable, transacted Web services applications that interoperate with existing .NET technologies. In this workshop, participants will examine the overall WCF programming model, binding choices, host options, security issues and the use of declarative markup to specify the underlying infrastructure.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for experienced .NET 2.0 software developers. No knowledge of WCF is assumed.
- Understand the WCF programming model.
- Understand WCF binding choices.
- Understand data serialization choices.
- Understand WCF security issues.
- Describe the WCF architecture.
- Identify WCF components.
- Design WCF operation and data contracts.
- Configure endpoints and bindings.
- Define message structures.
- Expose and interrogate service metadata.
- Serialize and encode messages.
- Identify and configure behaviors.
- Identify and implement hosting options.
- Develop an end-to-end transactional application.
- Implement reliable messaging.
- Design and implement WCF services.
- Create and configure WCF Service endpoints.
- Extend WCF with custom behaviors.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043