Getting Started with Visual Basic
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 5-day hands-on workshop covers the basics of the latest version of Visual Basic programming for the .NET Framework, from the constructs of the language itself to the .NET environment for which it was redesigned. Topics include data types, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts, debugging, exception handling, developing user interfaces using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), the Just-In-Time compiler, namespaces, assemblies, and Language Integrated Query (LINQ). The biggest change for classic VB programmers is the introduction of Object-Oriented (OO) features, so special emphasis is placed on the principles of OO programming and how best to harness its power in your application design. In addition, the instructor will often discuss issues of performance, design, and best practices as they relate to the various topics presented throughout the workshop.
Participants will have the opportunity to utilize their new skills with many hands-on exercises using Visual Studio 2008.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is aimed at developers who plan to begin developing applications using Visual Basic and the .NET Framework.
Participants should have experience with Windows and a strong programming background but do not need to know Visual Basic or Object-Oriented Programming, although they are helpful.
- Learn about the evolution of .NET and its architecture.
- Understand VB syntax and the .NET Foundation classes.
- Work with strings, files, and data collections.
- Explore the concepts of Object-Oriented programming.
- Develop, compile, and run applications using Visual Studio 2008.
- Debug .NET applications both during development and at runtime.
- Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Make VB applications more robust with structured exception handling.
- Build, use, configure, and deploy .NET assemblies.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043