Fundamentals of Visual Studio 2008
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Visual Studio 2008 adds a large set of new functionality for the Visual Studio developer. From new language features, including LINQ (Language Integrated Query) to new client-side data support, Visual Studio 2008, and the .NET Framework 3.5, make it easier than ever to create robust, enterprise-level applications. This 2-day workshop introduces the most important new features in Visual Studio 2008 to the experienced Visual Studio developer. These features can be used to create and consume application services, build ASP.NET web sites, create engaging desktop applications, design workflows, expose services, and enhance Microsoft Office applications.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for those with Visual Studio 2005 experience and who want to learn, in a succinct fashion, what's new in Visual Studio 2008.
Before taking this workshop, students should have a good working knowledge of Visual Studio 2005 and the .NET Framework 2.0.
- Investigate new language features, including LINQ (Language Integrated Query).
- Incorporate improvements to Visual Studio's data features.
- Learn how Visual Studio 2008 can be used to target multiple versions of the .NET framework.
- Build applications using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Communicate between applications using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Create workflow-enabled applications using Windows Workflow Foundation (WF).
- Describe new Web development features and controls available in ASP.NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008.
- Investigate new features for both Web and Windows applications.
- Learn about building managed applications for Microsoft Office.
- Learn how the new features support the various data access technologies available to developers.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043