XML Programming Using Java
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
The platform independence of both XML and Java make for a perfect partnership. Java has added several packages specifically to take advantage of this. This 3-day hands-on workshop is designed to provide the concepts, tools and techniques to enable the participant to use these packages for parsing, processing and communicating using XML.
You will learn how to parse XML documents with Simple API for XML (SAX) parsers and Document Object Model (DOM) parsers, display and process the XML data using Java Swing and Collection objects, and communicate between applications using XML. You will also learn to use Java to communicate XML information to and from browsers, access databases, and advertise and find business services.
This workshop includes a balanced mix of presentation, exercises, and hands-on labs and also includes examples in a variety of applications to reinforce and demonstrate the range and importance of the XML-Java partnership.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is beneficial for individuals involved in developing communication between applications on heterogeneous platforms including database personnel who need to access, transfer or communicate data, analysts who will need to define and organize the requirements, and developers who will need to construct the system.
A basic understanding of XML (including DTD's, schemas, and XSL), HTML, and application development and architecture. A working knowledge of Java is also required.
- Review XML.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the different parsing mechanisms.
- Use the Java Simple API for XML (SAX) parser.
- Use the Java Document Object Model (DOM) parser.
- Use Java collections to process XML information.
- Display XML information using Java's Swing capabilities.
- Learn to communicate between applications with XML.
- Learn how XML is used with JavaBeans and Enterprise JavaBeans.
- Use a browser to communicate with data described in an XML document.
- Map XML documents to relational databases.
- Advertise and find business services using XML.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043