Microsoft Silverlight 2 for Developers
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This is a 5-day workshop that walks developers through the process of learning Microsoft Silverlight 2 and developing a real-world application using Silverlight. In this workshop, participants will learn how to create and test Silverlight applications using Visual Studio 2008. Participants will delve into animation and graphics in Silverlight applications, networking protocols and communications, securing Silverlight applications, and accessing data. Participants will also examine user interface design standards when using Silverlight, as well as how to utilize and customize user interface controls.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for application developers that wish to quickly become proficient at developing applications using Microsoft Silverlight. This workshop illustrates and explains how to create and manage media, graphics, and animations in Silverlight, but does not focus on animation and media design techniques. Silverlight will open the door for the army of existing .NET developers to begin creating rich interactive applications (RIAs) utilizing their existing .NET Framework knowledge. Developers who wish to create applications using Silverlight should attend, as well as development team managers. Designers who will be working with development teams that utilize Silverlight — or those designers who wish to begin creating elaborate RIAs using Silverlight — should also attend.
- Become familiar with the Silverlight framework and application infrastructure, and how to create Silverlight applications using Visual Studio 2008.
- Create and understand animations for use in Silverlight applications.
- Prepare media for display and use in Silverlight applications.
- Learn how to create Web and WCF services that will be consumed by Silverlight applications.
- Secure data and user credentials for transport over the Web using Silverlight.
- Communicate with server-side services using Silverlight and the various support protocols including sockets, POX, SOAP, REST, JSON, RSS, and ATOM.
- Store, access, import, export, and query data using Silverlight, Isolated Storage, XML, and Language Integrated Query (LINQ).
- Develop Silverlight applications using either C# or Visual Basic.
- Learn how to create applications using the Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML).
- Create user interfaces using Silverlight controls, and customize controls using templates and data binding.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043