Developing Web Applications with Ajax
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 2-day hands-on workshop will help the attendee to understand and experience the capabilities and benefits of AJAX in the development of leading-edge web sites and services. Many companies have already incorporated AJAX into their commercial web offerings: Google Earth, backpackit, and Cold Fusion. AJAX programming can improve web site development without increasing the network and server overhead that most current forms of web site development incur. AJAX uses a combination of web technologies in a novel way to reduce the time to market and cost of development while addressing issues such as privacy and security. Microsoft originally introduced the AJAX concept in their Internet Explorer 5.5 with the XMLHttpRequest object where the browser engine decided what to do locally and what to forward on to the web server. This concept is the heart of AJAX. AJAX uses a combination of web technologies in a novel way to reduce the time to market and cost of development while addressing issues such as privacy and security.
Attendees will learn from lecture, demos, and hands-on exercises how to exploit the capabilities of an AJAX development environment without the overhead of learning a full-featured programming language such as C, C++, or Java. Using simple scripting techniques within HTML/DHTML packages, AJAX provides powerful control and capabilities without the complexity of CGI or server-side programming. The attendees will also complete an in-class project that will further expand AJAX development knowledge and skills development.
Who Should Attend
This workshop will be very beneficial to web programmers, web site designers, content managers, programmers, software engineers, and those that manage such personnel and projects.
- Understand the technologies that AJAX uses to enhance web site development.
- Examine the concepts of Client/Server computing model used inside of AJAX applications.
- Examine the AJAX architecture and how its implemented on different platforms.
- Understand how AJAX uses standards to implement cross-browser compatibility and actions.
- Learn the concepts of the DOM (Document Object Model) that AJAX manipulates.
- Learn the concepts of XML syntax necessary to support AJAX application programming.
- Understand how to use the XMLHttpRequest and other AJAX objects to achieve asynchronicity.
- Use in-class examples in learning how to package AJAX calls within web pages.
- Experience how AJAX can begin to duplicate normal desktop application "look and feel".
- Learn how AJAX can be used internally to implement "desktop-like" application experiences.
- Put all the AJAX technologies together into a "take-it-with-you" development environment.
- Understand how to begin using AJAX solutions in everyday business environments.
- Examine the security issues and their solutions when using AJAX technologies.
- Compare AJAX with other web development solutions such as JSF, .NET, and Web Services.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.
Drop Us a Line
615 Valley Road
Montclair, NJ 07043